Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Letters Got Signed!!!

Yesterday, September 13th we got the news that the Permanent Secretary of Education in Kenya signed the letters giving the kids permission to travel to the U.S. This is a huge step and the step that we have been stuck on since May when he didn't give us permission. So PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!

As I talked about in my last posting, this is something we have been praying for all summer and although it has been hard to see at times, the Lord has been working continually throughout this process. But with all that said, we still have a few more steps to get through before the kids will be heading over here. Passports and visas are the two biggest logistical things we need to pray for at this point but more importantly to continue to pray that the Lord's will be done in all this.

We are all meeting in Atlanta to start training this Sunday the 18th, and the plan is to get the kids here during the week of the 25th. Thanks again for your prayers and support. We shall talk soon!!

Mimi Kujisalimisha,

Dan Young

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daraja Update

It has been over three months since my last post but while I haven’t been posting much, that doesn’t mean there hasn’t been a lot going on with the choir. As I explained in my previous post about the travel situation with the kids, it has been a battle all summer to try and make tour happen.  As the summer months passed, the 410 Bridge (the ministry that started Daraja) made the decision to cancel the Summer tour and focus on making sure the Fall tours happen. Since I’m only working with the choir in the Fall and Spring, I remained hopeful that by the time Fall tour was set to begin everything would be worked out. Unfortunately, that has not been the case, but I would not trade this uncertain time for all that the Lord has been teaching me about trust and surrender.

Over the last month, there have been many days where I felt that tour was not going to happen and though that is still a possibility, the Lord continues to show up and provide hope. Currently, I feel we are very close to getting the approval from the MOE (Ministry of Education) and the documentation in order, which will allow the kids to travel and tour to happen! BUT as I have learned throughout this process, God is good and while this is not easy, I know his plan could entail tour being canceled. With that being said, the door has not been shut yet, so we will continue to pray that God will receive glory through making the tour happen! On the logistics side of things, the 410 staff has decided to push back the start date of tour, so instead of leaving this weekend the 10th, we now are looking to the 18th as the hopeful start date.

As some of you may know, this has not been the easiest of times for me, but as I said earlier, God is good and I’m behind him 100%. I want to thank you for your prayers and encouragement throughout this process. I cannot even begin to tell you how much it has meant. Obviously, I will be updating you as we move forward so if you would like to put your email in the “Follow by Email” box on the left side of the page, it will send you an email anytime I update the blog. Anyway, that’s all for now!

Also, here is an Intro video for the tour this year. Pretty awesome! Daraja Intro

Mimi Kujisalimisha (I surrender),

Dan Young